Grand National Meeting 2013 - Day 2
The second day of the Grand National Meeting is looking good as the week continues to build towards the National itself on Saturday, it is yet another excellent days racing in Liverpool with some great sport to look forward to for die hard fans as well as the more casual punters. Friday is particularly special at the meeting as its Ladies Day on the course, the Women on Merseyside embrace Ladies day like no other and it is always a special day at the Meeting.
Perhaps the most interesting race on Ladies Day at Aintree is the Topham Chase, it is one of very few races that are run over the Grand National fences outside of the big race. It is an exciting renewal and can often be used as a trial for some horses who may be considered for the Grand National in the future, having experience over the big fences has proved crucial in recent times so the Topham is always worth a watch.
Grand National Meeting Day 2
- 14.00 John Smith's Top Novices' Hurdle Grade 2
- 14.35 Mildmay Novices' Chase Grade 2
- 15.10 John Smith's Melling Chase Grade 1
- 15.45 John Smith's Topham Chase Listed
- 16.20 John Smith's Sefton Novices' Hurdle Grade 1
- 16.55 Smithythehorse.com Handicap Hurdle Grade 3
- 17.30 John Smith's Mares Open Flat Race Listed